Ian: "What's wrong with her?"
Laura: "She's 6 weeks old. That's the peak age of baby fussiness. We should be on the downhill slope towards sanity soon."
Ian: "You said 5 weeks was the peak of fussiness. And the week before that, you said 4 weeks was the peak of fussiness."
Laura: "Yeah, you know... I was hoping those weeks would be the peaks of HER fussiness. I had assumed she was a superior baby. I guess she's not."
Luckily, Margot has developed a habit that counteracts the effects of insane noisy baby fussing: smiling.
We've noticed baby smiles for a while, but I've finally caught them on camera, facilitated by the most amazing things on the whole entire planet.
Baby mobiles. Margot coos and beams and giggles and shakes excitedly when she sees them.
This is the most amazing thing I've ever seen in my life. All six weeks of it.
Margot thinks mobiles are mass-produced in heaven by God himself. I've refrained from telling her they're churned out in Chinese work factories by people even more sleep-deprived than her parents.
I don't want to spoil the magic, you know?
Magic! These are magic!
So someone hangs cheap plastic toys on a cheap plastic hanger...
HOLY CRAP. AMAZING.
This face would almost make you believe she doesn't wail with the sheer agony of being out of the womb every night between the hours of 8 and midnight.
She keeps asking when she'll get her umbilical cord back.
Next post: Margot stops fighting sleep! Margot sleeps through the night! Hurrah!
Yeah, right.

No comments:
Post a Comment