Monday, February 6, 2012

The Roseanne Plot Thickens

I never expected events to turn like this when I first posted about Roseanne.

Truthfully, on that particular day, I felt completely devoid of writing material so I threw together a post on Roseanne and immediately started thinking about how we could coax the dog to dance for a future post.

But mere hours after blogging about the show, Netflix yanked it from its rotation. Which, honestly, made for great blogging. Anyways, we hate Netflix now.

But the plot thickens. The day after Netflix banished Roseanne, Roseanne Barr formally announced her Green Party candidacy.

Coincidence? I think not.

Ian's convinced the corporate wonders at Netflix are mad about Roseanne entering politics and thus dropped her show. I'm convinced my blog elevated Roseanne into the political stratosphere, making her a viable Green Party nominee.

As a candidate, Roseanne wants to end the money economy and establish a barter system instead. Which Ian and I would be fine with, since we will soon own chickens, eggs, and plenty of food crops. We also have a little white dog that Ian would love to use as barter.

Roseanne also wants to end the system of patriarchy in the U.S., saying, "Patriarchy is impotent and qualitatively unable to solve even the most simple problems in the cosmos such as picking up their own socks or placing a carton of milk back in the refrigerator after drinking from it."

I can't think of anything more prolific than that. I highly respect any politician who explains or even notices man's incapability of folding towels or cleaning the bathtub.

Ergo, I feel it only right that Winiferd in the Burbs endorse Roseanne Barr as the Green Party candidate. And as for you, Jill Stein? Harley Mikkelson? Kent Mesplay? YOU ARE GOING DOWN.

Given my involvement with the political rise of Roseanne Barr, I'm hoping she'll hire me as her adviser. I will advise the following for her White House Cabinet:

Vice President 
Dan Conner

Department of State
Aunt Jackie

Department of the Treasury
Darlene Conner

Department of Defense 
Old Becky 

Department of Justice
New Becky

Department of the Interior
D.J. Conner

Department of Agriculture
That gay man Roseanne worked for, umm... Leon.

There are about ten other departments to fill so I'm just going to appoint Dan to all of them. 

*Winiferd in the Burbs hereby supports Roseanne Barr for the Green Party nomination. Be patriotic. Vote Roseanne. The woman and the show.


*Winiferd in the Burbs hereby despises Netflix and advocates for a full boycott against the company that drinks Hatorade and totally sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment