I'm shocked at how excited Ian and I get at such things. Kid lifts her head up a good three inches and thinks about rolling over, and we explode in such a way that you'd think we just won the Publisher's Clearing House grand prize.
The newborn phase is over, replaced by a vocal character who coos, babbles, and simultaneously looks just like me and just like Ian.
She looks like someone mashed my face with Ian's face and pushed her out into the world... wait, I think that's what happened.
Baby Ian
Baby Laura
Baby Margot
Apart from that, the only other interesting thing going on is that I have a oversupply of milk. I could easily feed three babies, and our freezer is loaded up with breast milk.
Since I have an oversupply, so much that it's spilling out the freezer, I beseeched Ian to drink the excess.
Too much. Too much.
He reluctantly drank a bottle of breast milk.
And we still had formula samples from the hospital we were never going to use, so...
Laura: "Now drink a bottle of formula and compare them. Tell me which tastes better."
Ian: "Gross. This sounds awful."
Laura: "But it's for science. Do it for science."
Ian reluctantly downed the formula.
This brand, in case you were wondering. For science.
He concluded that breast milk tastes like one percent milk left sitting in bowl of frosted flakes. Essentially, it tastes like skim milk with a hint of sugar. He declared breast milk "gross."
Formula, on the other hand, "tastes like soy milk. It's richer." Ian loves soy milk. In the battle of breast vs bottle for adults, the bottle of formula wins. Ian proclaimed formula to be "something I could drink."
Stay tuned for the next post, when things get even sicker. Ian plans to make cheese out of a few bags of breast milk.
So long, dear readers. For this will be the post that officially sinks Winiferd in the Burbs. It was nice having your readership. I regret nothing.




Ha ha! But formula breath on babies is awful.
ReplyDeleteFormula smells awful. I thought Ian would hate it.
DeleteOH MY , LOL
ReplyDelete