ER Vet: "Hello, this is the Animal Emergency Center. How may I help you?"
Laura: "My dog just chewed up a roach motel. I'm not sure how much poison she ate. Will she be okay?"
ER Vet: "What brand is the roach motel?"
Laura: "Hey, what brand is the roach motel?"
Ian: "I think it's Combat."
Laura: "I think it's Combat."
ER Vet: "Combat should be okay. Let me look it up, just in case."
Laura: "Okay."
ER Vet: "All right, she should be fine if she ingested a little poison. The plastic is the dangerous part. Did she eat any plastic?"
Laura: "No. She just chewed on it."
ER Vet: "She should be fine." <Giggles>
Laura: "Thank you. I just wanted to make sure. Bye bye."
Ian: "So she's fine, right?"
Laura: "Yeah. I was Googling while she talked. Apparently a dog would have to eat like eighteen roach motels to really run the risk of anything toxic to the mammalian system."
Ian: <Giggles>
Laura: "What if she had told us to induce vomiting?"
Ian: "I'd have told you to have fun."
Laura: "Do you think she'll get sick?"
Ian: "Nah. She's really hyper right now. We should feed her another roach motel."
Laura: "Winnie, you ate poison. You're the laughing stock of the Emergency Vet. And you might get sick to your stomach. How do you feel?"
Winnie: "Awesome."

No comments:
Post a Comment