Thursday, October 3, 2013

One and Twos

Laura: Enters the living room and finds Margot sitting on Ian's lap

Ian: Oh good, you're back. We were waiting for you.

Laura: Yeah?

Ian: Margot likes to be held by you more, just like I like to snuggle with you more. We both know you're number one. And Margot and me are each other's number twos.

Laura: Laughs

Ian: When you leave the room, there's this awkward silence. And I try to make small talk while we both stare at the doorway and wait for you to come back.

The Number Twos rally together; wait desperately for Mommy 


I've been soaking up the power that comes with being Number One. And there is a lot of power that comes with being the favored person in the family. I'm pretty much dictator of the Winiferd house now.

First there was the Kaiser


And then there was Lenin


And, like, a whole lot of other people I'm leaving out.

Now, there is only Laura. 


Bow before me. 

Lol, yeah right. Fetch me my bottle, servant.

No comments:

Post a Comment