Thursday, September 8, 2011

President Harvard

Laura: "Spottswood and Winifred have formal names. Harvey needs one, too."

Ian: "Oh?"

Laura: "Formal names are important. You need them for diplomas and job applications and wedding invitations. If Harvey becomes a president or CEO, he'll need a formal name. President Harvey sounds silly."

Ian: "Yeah."

Laura: "Harvey's formal name shall be Harvard."

Ian: "Cool... Harvard, get your head out of the toilet."


Harvey often gets neglected in the blog. Mainly because blogs involve recording things you do, and Harvey doesn't do anything.

Laura: "Sometimes I forget Harvey exists. I'll go three days without seeing him, and then suddenly remember, "Oh yeah. There's a fat one."

Ian: "That's because he sleeps 23 hours a day."

Laura: "Lucky."

Ian: "I notice him on the window sill occasionally, when he has issues fitting his belly up there."

Laura: "That's more than I notice him."

Ian: "When he dies someday, we won't realize it until a week later. When the smell hits us."

Harvard is a curmudgeonly fellow who suffers from dandruff, dry skin, and excessive shedding.

While Brushing Harvey:

Ian: "Wow! Look how much fur I'm pulling off Harvey! It's like he's birthing kittens!"

Laura: "Spottswood wants a turn."

Ian: "No, Spottswood. You're not as fun to brush."


Ian and I characterize Harvey as deviant who plots schemes of destruction and chaos. This mostly serves to highlight the differences between awkward Harvey and cosmopolitan Spottswood.

How Harvey Gets Food


How Spottswood Gets Food


In reality, Harvey more closely resembles a grumpy old man than a devious villain.


Laura: "You know where Harvard went to college?"

Ian: "Where?"

Laura: "Yale."

Ian: "Nicely played."

No comments:

Post a Comment