But sometimes you wake up in the morning, realize you haven't posted all week, and panic because you have absolutely nothing interesting to say.
Then you glance around the kitchen and hope a rhino will suddenly smash through the walls, snorting, roaring, shrieking, and charging. Because that stuff makes for great blogging.
You guys, my life is boring right now. Work is monotonous. I sit all day.
Remember when you were a kid, and college was the key? And once you finished college, you would have a meaningful, interesting life because you would have a meaningful, interesting job?
WELL THEY LIED. PEOPLE WHO WORK IN WINDOWLESS CUBICLES HATE THEIR LIVES.
My life is so boring, I once took a detour home, thinking I'd feel dangerous and wild.
Ian: "Egads! Laura is late. In another hour, I shall file her as a missing person."
Laura: "LOL. I am wild! And dangerous! And LATE!"
Instead I arrived home at the same time I always arrive home.
Luckily when I arrive home from work, I return to these knuckleheads:
I think Ian and I are still trying to figure out what the hell we want to do in life. It seems a shame to waste an entire life in a windowless cubicle.
Especially when I'm wishing the hours away, impatient to get home to New Daddy, encased in dirt and grime, and three furry hoodlums who have spent the day dragging our clothes all over the house, digging through the plants, and exploring the cabinets.
(FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, SPOTTSWOOD, THAT'S WHERE WE KEEP THE ANT POISON).
Did someone say poison?
That's how it goes, I suppose. While we're at work, the baby sniffs out the poison. IT'S A METAPHOR FOR LIFE. THE CAT'S IN THE CRADLE AND THE SILVER SPOON.
Ian understands my frustrations, and we're slowly plotting our escape. I mentioned the greenhouse a few weeks ago. It's almost finished. It's a bit haphazard, but it's beautiful.

No comments:
Post a Comment