Thursday, February 16, 2012

Laura Denounces Hippie Medicine and Kicks Acid Reflux Ass

Remember when I posted about going the hippie route to combat acid reflux? I was taking two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar every day to fight acid reflux, as directed by internet hippies.

I only lasted three days. First, apple cider vinegar tastes... well, like vinegar. It tastes awful.


Second, the apple cider vinegar didn't do very much. I think it mighta, sorta, kinda worked. Maybe? A little? I figure any relief I felt was due to the placebo effect, so I guess you could call it delusional relief.

I did find a cure for my reflux, eventually. I'm not going to let internet hippies hog all the limelight with their sick, twisted "cure" so I'd like to offer my own internet remedy.

The following are Winiferd in the Burb's official steps to combating acid reflux:

1. Drive to the grocery store, feeling highly acidic and wildly desperate.

2. Buy Prilosec. (Which you totally forgot existed and therefore totally forgot to try).

3. Take Prilosec.

4. Feel relief.

I have now formally renounced all hippie medicine. I was all set to try local honey for my allergies, but I think I'll pass because SERIOUSLY. THIS GODDESS OF THE EARTH CRAP DOESN'T WORK.

Big pharma, I'm sorry I doubted you. I love you, with all your chemicals and poisons and frightening side-effects. Let's be friends forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment