Wednesday, November 16, 2011

I, For One, Bow to Our Great Google Overlord, Part One

Ian and I are still chugging along on the home decorating, which was put on hold several times due to work schedules, educational pursuits, and an appendix that threatened to burst out of Ian's stomach, a la Space Balls:


We spent much of the weekend painting. Since a post consisting of, "We painted. No, I cannot show you what we painted," would likely bore my five loyal readers (Hi, Ian's mom!), I've taken it upon myself to feature something that will mesmerize everybody.

Lately, more and more of my blog traffic has been driven by Google searches. People find this blog by Googling terms like, "how to grow sunflowers" (good luck, buddy), "alien holding its ear" (you'll fit in nicely), and "I ate pork my stomach hurts" (I know your soul).

Since obscure topics bring in so many page views, imagine what popular topics would do for my views. Why, I could pull in at least ten views a day! That's seventy views in seven days. Within a week, I could be famous!

Ladies and gentlemen, in an unabashed attempt to increase my blog traffic, I'm beginning a series of the most Googled people, places, and phrases.

Here's number one in the ongoing series:

1. God 

Lots and lots and lots of people Google search God. Since I'm trying to appeal to all people (peoples?), I thought I'd include various Gods of different religions:







And, of course, the American god:

No comments:

Post a Comment